Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'M HOTTER THAN THE BEACH!

I love how an ordinary day can quickly be interrupted with a good laugh!
Places like the Dollar General are often sources of interesting people and fun laughs.

So I was on a hunt for some really cheap earbuds to keep in my car for those random times like today that I was going to the library and wanted some earbuds to use with my computer or ipod.
On the way out I hold the door for an older African American man. As we are walking towards our cars, I barely hear him say, "You been to da beach yet?"
I say, "Excuse me?"
He repeats himself and I answer as I'm almost to my car, "No, I actually haven't been out there yet"
He then tells me "Oh well you look like you need to go to da beach."
I casually laugh wondering where in the world this is leading as I'm about to get into my car.
As I'm laughing I say, "Yeah, I know, I'm pretty white!"
He then perks up and says, "oh no no, You got it goin' on. You're hotter than the beach."
I answer with a innocent smile on my face, "oh...well, thanks for the compliment, sir"
And then I got fully into my car, had a good laugh, and left.
The man was not threatening or creepy in anyway, just nicely decided to tell me that I'm "hotter than the beach." haha. I guess he just feels better giving women the age of his children compliments for how he thinks they'll look at the beach.
hmm, guess it's better than cat calls.

No comments: